The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1958 Fender Telecaster Sold

SOLD 
4K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  skiddypop 
#1 · (Edited)
Epic guitar, beefy neck. Wish I didn’t have to get rid of it.

Read comments below for details.

$11,700.00 from April 07, 7:00pm MT - April 08, 7:00pm MT (shipping at your cost)

reduced from $12,500

$
Musical instrument Guitar Wood Guitar accessory String instrument
Wood Hood Line Rectangle Tints and shades
Hand Musical instrument Guitar accessory Wood String instrument
Musical instrument Guitar String instrument String instrument Musical instrument accessory
Musical instrument Tape measure Wood Rectangle Measuring instrument
Musical instrument Guitar String instrument String instrument String instrument accessory
Musical instrument Guitar Wood Guitar accessory String instrument
Musical instrument White Guitar String instrument Guitar accessory
Musical instrument Guitar Guitar accessory String instrument String instrument accessory
Musical instrument String instrument Guitar String instrument Plucked string instruments

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
I’m a previous owner of this guitar too. In fact, I’m the first Canadian owner of this guitar. I bought it from Bill Pandolfi down in Florida. When I bought it, the body was stripped of its original finish, was missing the pickguard and original pickups. Otherwise everything else was there. I had it refinished by a local luthier in white blonde. It made its way thru the GTA gearhound loop and eventually to @bluehugh2 who sent it to Chad Underwood (I believe) for the Dakota Red refinish. Total weight is under 6.25lbs!

I may still have pics somewhere of the body without finish. A partial date was visible in the bridge pickup cavity.

The neck is dated 4/58 and maintains much of the famed ‘57 V but just softened out a bit. It also went to Russ Lackey for an outstanding refret. My favourite Tele bridge pickup tone ever. Here’s a video of me playing it back when it was still blonde:

#3 · (Edited)
I’m a previous owner of this guitar too. In fact, I’m the first Canadian owner of this guitar. I bought it from Bill Pandolfi down in Florida. When I bought it, the body was stripped of its original finish, was missing the pickguard and original pickups. Otherwise everything else was there. I had it refinished by a local luthier in white blonde. It made its way thru the GTA gearhound loop and eventually to Hugh Hardy who sent it to Chad Underwood (I believe) for the Dakota Red refinish.

I may still have pics somewhere of the body without finish. A partial date was visible in the bridge pickup cavity.

The neck is dated 4/58 and maintains much of the famed ‘57 V but just softened out a bit. It also went to Russ Lackey for an outstanding refret. My favourite Tele bridge pickup tone ever. Here’s a video of me playing it back when it was still blonde:
looked good blonde 👱‍♀️
This is all I have to say about this red ♥:

#5 ·
“Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder”....it’s an expensive guitar which was stripped to the bare wood”. Each owner had it finished to their “personal liking” to make this pricey purchase well worth it to them ... which made them happy and satisfied. Some people prefer chocolate over vanilla - both flavours are good. On this site people are trying to sell or trade their guitars, amps, etc. So with all due respect to all of the sellers, sometimes a positive comment is greatly appreciated but offering two cents of negativity towards any item is not welcome unless you are going to buy it yourself and announce the colour that you have personally chosen to refinish it. Then, out of support, we would acknowledge your purchase with a big CONGRATS!!! and wait for you to show off your freshly refinished vintage axe.
Good luck with the sale “skiddypop” - it’s a “beaut”!

#11 ·
This is a spectacularly resonant Tele...very lightweight too... I sent it to Chad Underwood for the Fiesta Red relic finish. I also converted the 50s lap steel pickup (for Brent) to a Tele bridge pickup in a 2 hour operation... pulling it out of an early 50s lap steel... the patient obviously survived... in fact, while a few of the boo-teek bridge pickups we tried were quite excellent, only the lap steel pickup up added those funky artifacts to the tone that we vintage aficionados love. Glwts.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.