The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
The sad thing is that some idiot will probably buy it...duh...but at least the person will have a pre-cbs blah blah blah knob. WOW! lol!!

·
Banned
1,195 Posts
well. on the one hand, it's ridiculous. on the other hand, if you have a 1955 fender strat that's all original except the one tone knob was changed out in say, 1970.... well then you might be tempted to shell the cash out, eh?

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
well. on the one hand, it's ridiculous. on the other hand, if you have a 1955 fender strat that's all original except the one tone knob was changed out in say, 1970.... well then you might be tempted to shell the cash out, eh?
Uhm....no. Definitely not. I can even think of a situation where I would even consider it. To each his/her own though!!

·
Premium Member
17,313 Posts
I think that the folks that can easily afford to pay that sort of money just look at the price and don't worry too much as to where the decimal point is placed ...$1500.00 to them is like $15.00 to us...(not that I buy knobs at $15.00 each).

Dave

·
Registered
944 Posts
Hi Dave,

I think that the folks that can easily afford to pay that sort of money just look at the price and don't worry too much as to where the decimal point is placed ...$1500.00 to them is like $15.00 to us...(not that I buy knobs at $15.00 each).
I was born and raised as a "rich kid".... I can say for myself and the folks we knew, no. He who has that money, got it by not paying $1,500 for knobs :wink:

Though I can see a collector jumping on this.... wife thinks I'm nuts that I'm so cheap, I drive across town to save a dollar on kitchen baggies, but blow $100 on a dusty old vacuum tube :D

·
Banned
1,195 Posts
Uhm....no. Definitely not. I can even think of a situation where I would even consider it. To each his/her own though!!

well, what if that pot then made your strat 100% all vintage, and thereby raised the resale value by $5000? then it's a good investment. i'll tell you, this is nothing... i've seen the plastic pickup rings for a vintage les paul selling for $2,500. there's nothing to DO with tone there.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
$1,500 for a knob that only goes to 10...definitely not worth it.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
I think someone who pays that much for a knob is not concerned with the playability of the guitar. It's probably some rich collector who can't even play.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts

Dave
There are people that rich...I personally know a billionaire, although he isn't wasteful like that. Cool thing about him: he's doing his PhD in music.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts