The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Now that getting more into trading gear and building my own stuff, I've realized that I need a board that helps answer questions for Canadians. I found you guys and I already love this place. Within 20 minutes I saw someone in Toronto that wanted to buy an AirBrake I was just starting to think about selling, found out that Ring Music has those Vintage guitars that I keep hearing abuot in British guitar magazines in stock, and I learned a lot about getting custom parts and tools for the DIYer in Canada. This place is awesome.

Me : I play 60s/70s style garage rock, soul, and reggae, but really a bit of everything depending how the mood is. I live in Toronto and worked at one of our major guitar stores for 5 years. I also worked at Much Music part time for a little longer. Basically, between those 2 jobs, I've heard enough bad music to last a lifetime.

Gear :
2004 Gibson SG '61 Reissue
1984 Tokai ST-80 Goldstar Sound (50s strat copy)
mid 90s Seagull Acoustic
? Godin Freeway Bass

2007 DrZ Maz Jr. NR
2005 Victoria 518
1967 Gibson GA15RVT

Hot Cake, ZVex SHO, MJM BritBender, BYOC Octafuzz Tremolo Phaser and Chorus, Green Russian Big Muff, Danelectro Chili Dog (great cheap octave pedal)

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Hi LowWatt, Yep I was the guy that gave the heads up on the Vintage Brand guitars and I'll be taking a few pictures of my "Lemon Drop" guitar and posting them on the weekend. I see you also have a Tokai Goldstar Sound. Nice guitars aren't they? I'm in Scarborough myself. Welcome to the forum. I think you'll like it here. :wave:

·
Premium Member
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I see you also have a Tokai Goldstar Sound. Nice guitars aren't they?
I can't get over how good this thing is. 2-piece body, nitro finish, quartersawn maple V neck, everything tight fitting, early 80s dimarzio clones of vintage fender pickups, good electronics and hardware all around. Where else can you get a phenomenal and accurate recreation of a 50's Strat for under $600 and get the case thrown in for free?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts