The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 8 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
my bathroom scale could be off but it sure feels the part, my other guitar is 7 lbs and there is a huge difference. The strat was killing me saturday at a jam, after a few hours I finaly broke the G string and broke out the backup axe, giving me some relief.

I'll try to weigh the strat on a commercial scale soon, I was just wondering if anyone else has a "back breaker strat" maybe its a new sig model :D

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
CocoTone said:
Get out yer router!!! Is there a swimmin` pool in yer future??:D

CT.
That would be a shame, it's such a nice guitar, just way too heavy.

It's supposed to be alder but I dont know for sure. The model is an american deluxe '05.

I did notice the body is about half an inch thicker than my friends 86 MIA strat.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just weighed my other guitar that i know to be 7 lbs, it weighed on the same scale 8.5 lbs.....so that would make my strat 9 lbs, not as crazy as 10.5 lbs but heavy none the less.....quality gone down on strats :confused-smiley-010 I sure cant see any quality issues with this other than weight, infact It's one of the best built instruments i've ever examined, 95% of people who reviewed this model seem to think so as well.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Otis '71 said:
i picked up an epiphone sg in a store the other day...it was so light it felt like a toy...i like a little weight...and i love my '05 deluxe (3 tone sunburst maple neck )
:food-smiley-004: I love my strat too, it's so damn solid you could put it through a wall, dust it off and patch in :D it is heavy though.

1 - 8 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.