The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

“PM’ed”

4K views 67 replies 28 participants last post by  BlueRocker 
#1 ·
I’ve never quite understood why people reply to for sale threads with “PM’ed.”

Wouldn’t the seller be notified just the same that someone has initiated a conversation? Depending on settings that might actually get them an email while the alert doesn’t.

Is it to let other people know that you have made an offer? Is it awkward when the offer is refused and everyone sees that because the ad is still up?

🤔

#12 ·
I’ve never quite understood why people reply to for sale threads with “PM’ed.”

Wouldn’t the seller be notified just the same that someone has initiated a conversation? Depending on settings that might actually get them an email while the alert doesn’t.

Is it to let other people know that you have made an offer? Is it awkward when the offer is refused and everyone sees that because the ad is still up?

🤔
Because some ass hats don’t respond nor look at their emails 😂

#30 ·
I don’t always do it and I’m not sure what determines whether I do or don’t.
What I DO know is that if it’s a good deal or a particularly cool guitar that’s slipped a couple pages down in the classifieds, I sure-as-shit ain’t gonna bump it back to the top with “PM’d” reply. 😆

#34 ·
PM is like when you are kids and the fat kid goes up and licks all of the cupcakes that nobody else wanted in the first place or else they’d have surely been able to out run them.

I don’t think it’s useful to write “PM’d”.. Make a good offer or pay asking or else don’t be surprised if someone else comes along and scoops it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.