The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is probably OT....

I was just driving back from Lee Valley in Waterloo. Passed a black Lincoln MKZ on 85 with license plate “GUITARS”. Is that one of you guys?

Couldn’t get a pic, I was driving. Thought about following, but I noticed it was a lady driving and that’s a creepy thing for a middle-age married guy to do......

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
That would have been bought long ago I assume. The owner of Don't Fret in Waterdown and Burlington had GITRZ as I recall on his vehicle.

G

·
Tried to google an example.
The only thing that pops up are guitars made of plates.
Mostly cigbox.

If anyone ever wants to do a 'plate' project,
I have a box full of 70's truck plates.

·
Premium Member
694 Posts
Tried to google an example.
The only thing that pops up are guitars made of plates.
Mostly cigbox.

If anyone ever wants to do a 'plate' project,
I have a box full of 70's truck plates.
They make excellent bass drum stompers...a mag pickup underneath and some experimenting with capacitors.....

·
Premium Member
18,596 Posts
I may have seen that same vehicle during my band commute. It has jogged my memory but that's it :(

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
That would have to be an older plate in order to get it without a goofy alternate config. Although, "GUITARS is 7 characters, and for a very long time, Ontario would only allow 6. I think it was late 90's they started it....

Pretty cool, whoever you are!

·
Premium Member
11,687 Posts
Cool plates.

On a trip east a few years ago we saw American state (I forget which) plates with ROUTE66 (the actual lettering might have varied). I thought at first they might be novelty plates except there weren't others.

·
Registered
10,739 Posts
Ayr is the town in Scotland where my Mum grew up, and where I lived as a child. I love seeing it here.

·
Premium Member
18,596 Posts
I've seen "Tele 1" or something like that around too. On my way to Toronto for tour I saw "JCM 800" but the dude driving it was dressed business casual :(.

I usually see the best plates when I'm driving and therefore unable to get a pic.

·
Registered
18,584 Posts
1 - 20 of 30 Posts