The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Gibson ‘94 ES-135 in Cherry Red finish with P100 pickups.

It’s in great shape with a couple dings here and there. There’s a mark on the back of the neck is at around the 9th fret. It looks worse in the photos and you can barely feel it. The worst offender is the typical lacquer crack Gibsons get at the neck joint (I’ve had brand new Gibsons that had it). The crack doesn’t go around all 3 sides which means the neck joint isn’t moving at all. I’ve tried to include photos of the most noticeable stuff. The frets are also in great shape.

It comes with an arched-top, aftermarket, hard shell case since in 1994, these didn’t include a case.

$1750 plus shipping

Musical instrument Guitar String instrument String instrument Wood

Musical instrument Guitar String instrument String instrument String instrument accessory

Musical instrument Guitar String instrument Guitar accessory String instrument accessory

Hand Musical instrument Guitar accessory Wood Musical instrument accessory

Musical instrument Wood Floor Flooring Material property

·
Premium Member
2,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Had someone ask…

8lbs3oz

·
Premium Member
2,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Now priced at $1750 plus shipping

·
Registered
96 Posts
Whats the neck profile on this thing?slim, wide, C, D , chunky? Can you measure the 1st and 12th frets?

·
Premium Member
2,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Whats the neck profile on this thing?slim, wide, C, D , chunky? Can you measure the 1st and 12th frets?
Don’t quote me but I seem to remember being called a medium C. I’ll bust it out tomorrow and take some measurements.

Reactions: tuumbaq

·
Premium Member
2,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hump day bump

…and yes, I realize I was supposed to get measurements for @tuumbaq. I can’t find my callipers so I need to hit Princess Auto.

·
Premium Member
2,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Got some calipers. Neck measurements are as follows...

Thickness
1st fret - 0.81”
5th fret - 0.88”
12th fret - 0.98”

Neck width
Nut - 1.69”
5th fret - 1.88”
12th fret - 2.06”

Looking at specs online, this is what Gibson calls a “medium C”. A bit bigger than a ‘60s slim and probably not quite a ‘50s profile. The shape itself is very smooth C, meaning no squareness on the shoulders, no flatness on the back. It’s actually quite a nice neck.

·
Premium Member
2,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Boxing Day bump

·
Premium Member
2,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
To the top!

·
Premium Member
2,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
And I added For Trade to the title. Maybe a nice Fender Strat or Tele? Something (non Custom Shop) from Gibson? Try me. Cash can go either way but not looking to add like $2k or anything.

·
Premium Member
2,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
And regarding the neck joint, here's the treble side, in the cutaway
Musical instrument Guitar String instrument String instrument accessory String instrument

Reactions: tuumbaq
1 - 15 of 15 Posts