Thread: Harmonix 822149 Drum

Post Thanks / Like

Harmonix 822149 Drum

Just a possible "heads up"....missus came home with the drum portion of this video game thing......she thought I could recycle the stand into something.......it appears that the power adapter melted off the unit.......it would suggest to me that perhaps these units should not be left plugged in....and maybe feel the wire for potential overheating?????...I know nothing about these things
    cheers
    Gerry

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RIFF WRATH View Post
    Just a possible "heads up"....missus came home with the drum portion of this video game thing......she thought I could recycle the stand into something.......it appears that the power adapter melted off the unit.......it would suggest to me that perhaps these units should not be left plugged in....and maybe feel the wire for potential overheating?????...I know nothing about these things
    cheers
    Gerry
    What power adapter? On the 360 it runs USB only, which doesn't provide enough juice to overheat anything?

Post Thanks / Like
    the unit I'm talking about has a plug in similar to what is on a power adapter.....all that is left is the plug in end and about 3" of melted wire......there is another longer wire with a cylindrical end and a thin flat blade inside, which was discoloured??...perhaps the hookup to the bass pedal???the drum unit itself does not smell burnt